Monday, March 25, 2013

First Day.

I hate being a newbie, in anything.
I am afraid of asking. I am afraid of doing the wrong things.
I am afraid of being embarrassed.
And I would do my best to not make myself into a situation of embarrassment. 
So ya, I'm a pretty careful person.  

But yeah, Life, there's always THE FIRST TIME. 
So yup, I'm in the new stage now. Full time job.

Today was my first day of work, hours were short, real short. 
I love my working hours. hahah. 
So I started getting on hand with my workplace systems.
Oh, its kind of complicated, in a sense its a bit messy. 
I guess I need some time to get use to it. Very much, needed to be very independent. 
I would definitely be glad that I gain more help since it my first day to act on their system.
I feel a little helpless because I am still adapting to the new environment. 
Ok, fine, I am an adult I got to stand on my own feet. 
I MUST GET USE TO THIS. 

Its a bad point consider that I would have the go through the awkward moment twice.
As I wont be stationed at the current branch that I started work at, I am located at a branch nearer to my place.  So yes, I gonna have double awkward moment with colleagues.

I only met my colleague/partner once, which is during my interview. She's a nice person, she initiated a conversation, which make us not so awkward. & now my first few days of working will be at a different branch, with a long-time full timer to guide me along. Awkward too, but I guess its alright. I can be awkward once, twice, thrice and its will get better each time. haha. Things take time ~ 

I still learnt a lot despite feeling awkward, and of cos survived through the first day, very grateful & thankful that I have someone who explained pretty much things to me. Although I feel helpless even with her help, becos I am still new & shyyyy. hahah. 

So I have 2 more days to get all my basic done and to ensure I am good alone. 


Short note to myself : 

Mandy, keep going keep going.
This is your first milestone out to the outside world. Try to gain as much as possible ! :)


With much love,
MandyLim


No comments:

Post a Comment